Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Everyone Can Bite Me Friday!

What a week.

I didn't have to wait another 24 years for a woman to get on the Presidential ticket. THAT is progress in America. It's the happiest I've been since the primaries ended. Polls show voters think Gov. Palin is a better veep pick than Biden by a margin of 52% to 48%. Flubber is a better pick than Biden so the poll results are not surprising. This was a very shrewd move on McCain's part, appealing to all the women who supported Hillary and feel let down and cheated. And to announce it the day after Obama's speech? Can you say Stolen Thunder?

I want to be very clear that I will not be disrespected on my own blog. I will not be called names by anyone. And anonymous comments? Really? REALLY? After two years of having NO ANONYMOUS comments, they suddenly show up? Did you honestly think it was that hard to track you? And trying to hide your ISP? I have geeks who read me and have mad Super Snooper Skillz. Consider yourself embarrassed.

Politics is like gun control. You can NEVER change anyone's mind about those issues so why waste your time? On the two occasions my Dad, a lifelong Democrat, voted for Reagan so he could "keep all his money," none of us agreed with him but it was his prerogative to choose who he wanted. We're not people who have to win at any cost and be right all the time. And we never name-called as part of any argument although once I did tell one of my stepmothers to fuck off. I'm someone you really don't want to make angry.

So don't let the RSS feed button hit you on your way out.

On to something more interesting.

I've been animated! I first saw Bill's work on Traci Skene's blog and then he sent me one about a week ago but I've been busy and the gif link wouldn't load into Blogger so I finally just put it on my sidebar. I love the way my eyes flutter. It reminds me of Johnny Depp in Pirates when he has his eyeballs pasted on his eyelids. You know, only prettier. With less money. And no movie career.

And now on to the Popcorn Mafia podcast where I'm the guest movie reviewer this week. Ann and Grae are insane and we had a kickass time. I traded Ann my DVD of Hairspray for taking out my garbage and getting my mail. After she watches it I know she's going to come over and take my garbage out of the trash and bring it back to my apartment and wish she hadn't ever uttered the words, "I've never seen Hairspray."

We reviewed The Rocker and Death Race and we swear a lot so keep your pets out of the room. It airs this Sunday night but you can check their website all next week to listen to the podcast if you're busy Sunday.

And check Uproarious to see if you won a free CD! And to read the flip side of the male-female who-is-crazier debate. My team wins this one while the guys took last Wednesday.

End of chat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
celebrityphoto-blog | thecelebritycafe | celeb-hair-trend | sexywallpaper2012