Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why I Don't Do Local Gigs Anymore

I found this old faded fax that I had tucked into one of my show biz scrapbooks.

Dear Suzy:

I'm hoping to work with you more in the future. It seems all the bookings usually need a happy guy or gal and they don't want any edgy comics. There is a gig June 30th at a Nudist Colony. It has to be a clean set. They tell me it's like every other gig. If you want to go, call me.

So I can't say the word 'penis' in front of a row of naked penises?

On top of that, I was co-headlining, meaning there were only two of us and each had to do 45 minutes. But I had to go last, in the headliner position. The first girl, who was as funny as a box of hair, could barely do 20 minutes and I had to cover her time so I did over an hour. And we got paid the same.

Standup is so fuckedup.

End of chat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
celebrityphoto-blog | thecelebritycafe | celeb-hair-trend | sexywallpaper2012