Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rejection

Dear Suzy,

Thank you for sending us your tape. (my agent did, not me, which would have just been pitiful in our business)

Although we feel you are talented (I'll bet), we cannot offer you an appearance at this time.

Please do not be discouraged by this letter. Please keep us informed of your progress. (so we can make fun of your new tape)

We would like to keep your tape on file for our future reference. (gag reel) If this is not acceptable, please call Laura C. at 818-xxx-xxxx and request that it be returned to you.

We hope to hear from you again (never) sometime in the future. (maybe when Jay Leno leaves the show which we all know will never happen)

I got this letter in 1994 and it didn't kill me.

I kept going and NEVER got on the Tonight Show.

So don't give up. No matter what your dream is. Just remember, it's not about getting something, it's about TRYING to get it.

You know I'm totally lying, right?

http://lisahgolden.blogspot.com/2009/02/post-like-pbs-fundraiser.html

The comment verification movement is growing. Go read this while you're crying about my Tonight Show rejection in 1994. (It's dated Feb 18, 2009)

End of chat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
celebrityphoto-blog | thecelebritycafe | celeb-hair-trend | sexywallpaper2012